The New York Times is starting a group on Facebook to discuss China’s role in the world, and we’d like to invite you to join. The goal is to host a gathering place for intelligent conversation about China’s impact globally.
The Times has been covering China for more than a century and introduced a Chinese-language website in 2012. Now, with more than a dozen reporters covering topics including geopolitics, economics, human rights, technology and culture, we’d like to add your voice and hear from you.
If you’d like to join the community, stay informed about new stories and help shape how we cover China, please sign up below. We encourage readers of all races, religions, ages, nationalities and political beliefs to join. You don’t need to be a subscriber.
What will you do?
• Provide feedback on The Times’s coverage of China: Which stories spoke to you? What are we missing?
• Bring visibility to stories and voices in your community.
What’s in it for you?
• Discussions of coverage with other readers and our journalists.
• An intimate platform to reflect on how the news of the day affects you.
• Invitations to take part in other Times events, special projects and initiatives.
What are the requirements?
We ask that you are:
• Curious about China and the world.
• An active Facebook user.
• A respectful communicator who is open to differing viewpoints.
This will be a closed group on Facebook.