To celebrate this milestone, the Directors of Region 3 has initialed an award for amateur operators who contact Special Event Stations within Region III during the period 1st May 2018 and 31st October 2018.
The 50th Anniversary IARU-R3 Award Rules
1. The International Amateur Radio Union Region 3 (Asia-Pacific region) will grant the IARU Region 3 50th Anniversary of Award to radio amateurs who certify having contacted or heard (SWL) atleast 5 (five) contacts (QSO) s on different modes or bands with Special Event Station for commemorating the 50th Anniversary of IARU Region 3 from eligible countries are those in Region III whose amateur societies are members of IARU Region 3.
2. For those purpose the IARU Region 3 encourages the IARU Region 3 member society to setup and on the air with the IARU Region 3 50th Anniversary Special Event Call Sign between May 1st, 2018 until October 31st, 2018 in the following bands: 160, 80, 40, 30, 20, 17, 15, 12, 10, 6, 2 meters, 70 centimeters and modes: MIXED, PHONE, CW, DIGIMODES and SATELLITE
3. The IARU Region 3 50th Anniversary Special Event Call Sign is an amateur station call sign run by the IARU Region 3 member society operating in conjunction with these short-term event purpose.
4. The IARU Region 3 suggest to the IARU Region 3 member society to use number 50 as their Special Event Call Sign Prefix number and IARU as their Special Event Call Sign Suffix. (i.e. YB50IARU, 9M50IARU, JA50IARU, VK50IARU, HS50IARU, BY50IARU, BV50IARU, VR50IARU. VU50IARU, etc.)
5. The IARU Region 3 50th Anniversary IARU Special Event Call Sign stations must be send their electronic logs in a ADIF format to http://awards-iaru-r3.org as soon as your QSOs finished and no later than November 1st 2018.
6. Valid contacts (QSO)s must be made between May 1st, 2018 00:00 UTC until October 31st, 2018 24:00 UTC.
7. QSL cards are not needed for this award.
8. The Award has no cost.
The IARU Region 3 50th Anniversary will issued in digital file (pdf format) and can be downloaded directly from the IARU Region 3 50th Anniversary Award website http://awards-iaru-r3.org
9. Amateur around the world who made contacts (QSO)s with the IARU Region 3 50th Anniversary Special Event Stations and met the Award requirement can download their IARU Region 3 50th Anniversary Award directly from http://awards-iaru-r3.org
10. Eligible countries are those in Region III whose amateur societies are members of IARU Region III. These are: Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei, China, Chinese Taipei (Taiwan), Fiji, French Polynesia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Macau, Malaysia, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Pitcairn Island, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Tonga, Vanuatu, Vietnam, and country credit from US Territories in the Pacific from Guam, Northern Marianas, American Samoa, Wake Island, Baker Howland Group, as presented by ARRL or Chagos Archipelago (VQ9), represented by RSGB.
Requirements for Award as Basic, 5 (five) contacts (QSO)s on different modes or bands with Special Event Station, Silver Endorsement, 10 (ten) contacts (QSO)s on different modes or bands with Special Event Station; Gold Endorsement, 15 (fifteen) contacts (QSO)s on different modes or bands with Special Event Station.
More than one QSO with a same Special Event Station can be counted, if each QSO is on different mode or band.
Only valid contacts (QSO)s will be counted based on each mode, each band.
Duplication contacts (QSO)s with the Special Event Station in the same mode and in the same band are not counted.
11. It is possible to apply for the award for contacts made in the following modes: MIXED, PHONE, CW, DIGIMODES or SATELLITE.
12. BANDS: Contacts (QSO)s can be made in the following bands: 160, 80, 40, 30, 20, 17, 15, 12, 10, 6, 2 meters and 70 centimeters individual or multi – band.
13. All contacts must be made from the same country, using any official call letters that belong to the applicant (including special licenses for contests or events) and must be bilateral or two-way. Contacts in crossed modes and/or bands will not be accepted, except for Satellite Mode.
Questions regarding this award may be submitted via e-mail to: email@example.com
The rules will be available at www.iaru-r3.org